Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Setup - Shimano

After some solid research It was time to upgrade myself with a new complete setup. I had determine that I was going to pick up the Shimano Crucial spinning rod and the Shimano Stradic MgFB Cabela's has the reel on sale from 229 to 159. Currently you can get the plain stradic from the same price so of course I am going to get myself the better product.

When looking through the Crucials I was looking for a Walleye and Bass Stick that would be a great option for all presentations. I decided to go with at 6'6" Med, Fast Action Rod. At this price point I don't think there is any rod that can compete. With Fuji's Alconite guides, grade A cork, and super light weight it was a great find. Loomis and St Croix rods with the same specs were all at the 200-250 price range and dramatically heavier.

The decision on the reel could not have been any easier. To get this real at the price point being offered I could not weight any longer and neither could anyone else. The only size available was the 3000. Normally the 3000 would represent a larger reel, but for the Stradic the only difference is a deeper cut spool. I had my mind set on the 2500 hundred, but the 3000 also has the ability to interchange spools with the 2500 if needed. With this slight hiccup it got me thinking possibly to wait and spend more money on the new Stradic that is coming out that is all carbon fiber and looks amazing, but didn't want to put down any more money.

I can't wait for the reel to arrive since they were sold out in the store and hit the local fishing hole.
spinning reel. Better yet

No comments:

Post a Comment